What is God?
Not too long ago I had the opportunity to speak at a dialogue dinner. The question posed to me was, “What is God?” I was given the topic weeks in advance, so I had plenty of time to prepare. The cunning answers and slick one-liners I arranged were so craftily concocted, I was confident I could bring even the most devout atheists to their knees.
About an hour before the presentation, I was relaxed and dreaming of a time when I was snorkeling in Hawaii. I was floating in a sea of tranquil and serene, colorful bliss. Then it occurred to me that most life on this planet lives where? Underwater. Humans have very little understanding or experience of this vast world that covers two-thirds of our planet. Then I thought of the Universe—the millions of galaxies that stretch out beyond the limitations of our imagination. Contemplating further, I realized we have five, maybe six senses to comprehend our surrounding environment, which may be infinitely larger than what we can perceive. And there may be infinite Universes. For all I know, there may be infinite Gods.
I was getting confused at a very bad time.
My developing belief system lends itself to a Divine creator that has manifested everything, things we’re aware of and things we are not. Minutes before the presentation I was to give, I felt like an invisible (and not very confident) grain of sand on an endless stretch of beach. So when the question was posed to me, “What is God?” I reflected, dug deep into my soul, and through the breadth of my experience I replied, “Beats me. Let’s eat!”
We’re humans. We’re limited. How can we experience and understand the totality of an infinite Divine? We can’t. We can only experience what we’re capable of, through our senses and the awareness of what we are.
However, in that being of human, there are endless worlds in which to explore. The physical world of the five senses is just the tip of a magnificent iceberg. Adventuring into the non-physical realms of the human experience opens the journey exponentially. It leads to an awakening. It is awakening to an experience of energies that are in us, beyond us and binding us all together. Can we really experience the Divine? Of course, as much as we are humanly possible!
What to Expect
Once you start to connect with your limited version of Divine energy, a variety of shifts can start to take place. For some, it can happen very quickly and extremely, while for others it may be slow and gentle. In the beginning, here are a few things that might happen.
- Frequent experiences of deep peace and calm.
- Unexpected feelings of happiness and joy.
- Relationships improve.
- Circumstances preventing you from experiencing the Divine are released.
- Creativity increases.
- Intuition and psychic abilities sharpen.
- Awareness increases, sensing of energy is activated.
- Life has more meaning and purpose.
- A desire to contribute emerges, you want to give.
- Well-being increases (physical, financial, emotional, mental, and spiritual).
- Healing can accelerate. Subconscious charges may come up quickly and intensely.
- Life gets more interesting, exciting and fun.
- Synchronicities become common.
- Prayers get answered.
- Problems start to improve by themselves.
- Living is more effortless, things flow.
- Abundance radiates, there’s always enough, your needs are taken care of.
- Miracles happen.
No matter what happens specifically for you in your spiritual awakening, one thing is for certain, your life may never be the same again!
The above passages are excerpts from Joseph Drumheller’s book, The Subconscious, the Divine and Me.
Click link to learn more about The Subconscious,the Divine and Me