Holistic health achieved with acupuncture, neutraceuticals and meditation in this article by Dr Kym Caporale DOM
Have you switched your body’s alert system to ‘silent?’ In today’s fast-paced, hectic world, it’s all too easy to keep slugging along at the expense of physical health. No one ever got ahead by focusing on every ache and pain, you tell yourself. There’s no rest for the weary. Ignore the racing heartbeat that accompanies anxious thoughts. Pay no mind to the extra weight.
Adopt that attitude, and you’ve subdued your body’s physical alarms. When the body significantly deteriorates and the signals finally break through your mental block, the result may be disastrous. Take yourself off a health collision course and switch your body alert system to “on.”
Take note: This doesn’t mean you should become a hypochondriac. Every small sniffle does not indicate cancer any more than a sprained ankle means a lifetime of lameness. Still, there is huge benefit to investigating those twinges. Have they been lingering? Do you notice a difference in your ability to go about your day with vitality? If so, it’s time to seek medical attention.
Many of us are so out of tune with our physicality that it takes real focus to return to that mindset. Consider the following strategies as you strive to become dialed in, and expect health and happiness to follow.
- Acupuncture – There is a sense of well being reported by many acupuncture patients after a session that leads to better awareness of self. Before any needles are inserted, the physician will ask you about any specific concerns in your daily life. Armed with that information, she can deduce what type of treatment plan you may need and will place the needles accordingly.
- Neutraceuticals – Are you missing a vital vitamin or mineral in your diet? An omission can make a huge difference in your health.
- Meditation – Get to know yourself at your basest level through this practice, which brings about a deep sense of relaxation. In this state, you are aware of your presence as you shut out the concerns of the outside world. You are able to simply ‘be,’ without emotion or worry. Meditation can give you a solid foundation as a person by allowing you to deal better with stress and become more in tune with your spirituality.
No matter the strategies you choose to employ, it is paramount that you listen to what your body is telling you. Too often, we keep pressing onward, afraid of showing weakness, letting that nagging health concern bury in the back of the mind. It’s not until the heart attack or debilitating illness results that we realize it was unwise to ignore. Do yourself and your loved ones a huge favor: Become more mindful of your body signals and see a health practitioner before they become huge problems.
Click for related articles on Acupuncture with Holistic Health
Dr. Kym Caporale, DOM
Latest posts by Dr. Kym Caporale, DOM (see all)
- Are You Listening to What Your Body is Telling You? - November 13, 2015
- Improve Your Health With Feng Shui - October 14, 2015
- It’s Not Just About the Needle - October 1, 2015