Balancing a Busy Life with Self-Care
Do you want to be healthy and happy? Why work hard toward a healthy life if you cannot enjoy it? A healthy lifestyle can be defined with a foundation of whole food, plant-based nutrition and exercising 3-5 times a week — and reduced stress! But how do you balance and fit everything in your already tight schedule?
A balanced lifestyle means enjoying all aspects of your life: relationships, work, healthy eating, movement and physical activity, a healthy social life and fun. Enjoying everything means coming from the heart in all that you do. Being in your heart and enjoying being in whatever you are doing!
When you get bogged down with work and family and responsibilities from time to time, making time for “YOU” is most important. If you put yourself last on the list, you need to be first on your list. The more you give to yourself the more you can give to others! Balancing your self-care in your life helps you to keep up and be okay with your responsibilities. It also gives you the ability to be with all aspects of your life in a healthy way! You know what to do, you just have to be it and do it! Be relaxed and enjoy everything you do!
Recharging your body physically and your mind mentally means making the commitment to have “you time” every day. Being quiet, relaxing your body and resting in your heart. Go for a walk and be in nature or just sit and be with a tree. Do an activity you enjoy or enjoy doing nothing!
When you are relaxed and content you have a better outlook on life because you are being okay with everything exactly the way it is. Enjoy being rather than doing. Relax your body and rest in your heart.
Suggestions for Balancing Your Self-Care plan:
- Eat a plant-based whole food plan.
- Enjoy waking up earlier and having “me time”.
- Relax and De-Stress- Take time each day to let yourself de-stress and relax.
- Devote time each week to do what you love to do!
- Exercise and get moving! Move your body; your life depends on it!
- Make daily activities more fun: try a new recipe, take a long hot bath with aromatherapy.
- Lunch can be relaxing when you finish eating — read a book or take a walk.
- Laugh! Laughing can help reduce stress, boost brain health and lower blood pressure.
- Move and dance! Dance reduces stress, makes you smarter, helps reduce dementia, improves your self-esteem and improves your mood!
- Schedule your “Me time” just as you would any other important activity in your day on your calendar.