Tips for Settling into Your St. Petersburg Home
Moving to a new home is always an exciting process, but it’s also a lot of work. The moving process aside, getting all of your stuff unpacked, setting up utilities, and navigating the legalities of moving to Florida from out of state will take some time. If you’re working your way through a never-ending checklist of moving tasks, these resources will help. Get settled quickly so you can finally get out and explore the beautiful state of Florida!
Moving from Out of State
- Register your car and apply for a local license at the FLHSMV.
- Remember to update your voter registration.
- If you own a business, you’ll need to officially register with the state; connect with online services or your local chamber of commerce for assistance.
- If you’re in school, you can often transfer classes to an online institution; for instance, WGU is a flexible program for those pursuing a higher education in information technology, nursing, etc.
Setting Up Utilities
- Learn how to transfer your utilities before your move.
- Compare internet providers and find a plan that fits your needs.
Unpacking and Getting Settled
- Unpack room-by-room, starting with the bathroom and kitchen.
- If you have kids or pets, unpack their things first!
- Be sure to hang on to all of those important documents.
Exploring Your New Neighborhood
- Find a local doctor who is currently accepting new patients.
- Look for a great yoga studio in your area.
- Get your morning joe from one of the best local cafes.
Few things are more stressful than packing up all of your belongings and moving your family to a new state. But you will get through it! All of your work will finally pay off when you get to put your feet up and enjoy your new home in picturesque St Petersburg Florida.
Are you still house-hunting? Professional and trustworthy assistance is just a phone call away! Contact Jeff at Luxury & Beach Realty today at 727-424-6412.