Biological Dentistry and Mercury Toxicity
Biological dentistry is the practice of dentistry that considers the effect of dental materials, techniques and procedures on the whole body.
Your mouth is the gateway your health. As a result, it is important to recognize that oral and dental health can have major influence on diseases in the rest of the body.
As a biological dentist I believe that the material used in the mouth must be compatible to the body, so as not to create more health issues. According to the International Academy of Oral Medicine and Toxicology (IAOMT), there is strong evidence that mercury amalgams (silver fillings) are toxic to the body.
What we have seen
1) Dental amalgams release significant amounts of mercury in the body
2) The mercury distributes into the tissues in the body and is the biggest cause of mercury body burden.
3) Mercury from amalgam crosses the placenta and into breast milk.
4) Adverse physiological changes occur from mercury that affects the immune, kidney, reproductive and central nervous system.
As biological dentists we need to be mindful of how compatible dental materials are to each individual, so as not to cause more harm to the patient.
Safe and proper removal of mercury amalgam according to the IAOMT (International Academy of Oral Medicine & Technology) protocol is the recommended procedure for minimizing the exposure of mercury while removing the filling.
For more information about safe and healthy amalgam removal ask the expert, Dr. Huguette Duteau.
You can visit her at Dental Health Connections
Latest posts by Conscious Shift (see all)
- Human by Design: From Evolution by Chance to Transformation by Choice - September 13, 2018
- The Seven Spiritual Laws of Success: A Practical Guide to the Fulfillment of Your Dreams - August 29, 2018
- Focused Alignment - August 29, 2018